The Heart of the Wounded Healer
Walking in Two Worlds as a Way of Life
A five day training intensive with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- Cancellation of deposit: $100 fee per person if cancelled before the cancellation deadline of March 1. After this date, non refundable.
- Cancellation of full tuition more than 60 days before the training: $100 fee per person.
- Cancellation within 60 days of June 6th: $300 fee per person
- For cancellation within 30 days of June 6th: $500 per person
- For cancellation within one week of June 6th or for failure to show up to register, no refund will be given
- By registering for this training you are agreeing to all guidelines and cancellation fees.
- Refunds may take up to three weeks to process and may be paid by check.
- Transfers can be made up to 3 weeks before training begins
- Transfers are one time only and non-refundable
- A $100 transfer fee will apply to all transfers.
- Transfers have to be made at the time of cancellation and for the same training the following year.
“A great deal of healing arises from a wounded self. The sympathetic and empathetic self creates profound healing. When we courageously explore our own pain, we become more insightful, more ego contained, and more awake to the essential qualities of the healer. The wound becomes our gift.”—Dr. Estés
With The Heart of the Wounded Healer, Dr. Estés invites you on a five-day training intensive to investigate the wounds we bear or have inherited from our loved ones, our ancestors, the overculture—to understand them, illuminate their hidden wisdom, and take the treasure they offer to help us to do good work in the world—from a two world perspective which is unique and powerful.
Dr. Estés teaches in two worlds--it's one of her hallmarks. This training will be in depth pragmatic, and down to earth, and will offer teachings from time honored ways from the world less visible but palpably felt. As she says, "...for to live in two worlds ought not be a tourist drive by, a thrill seeking, nor a hyper fascination. It is not a career, nor a curiosity trip unleashed by little monkey ego. It is a sacred and consecreated commitment, and equally so, a loving devotion to live deep into both worlds, with full consciousness of one's foibles and gifts. It is to strive to live daily in a holy way, guided by daily ritual: to marry the two worlds to one another, the best of each, the most useful and helpful of each, to effect change and put in place goodness, love, betterment, and solid transformation of circumstances and challenges."
We will explore the core of this way of life. Dr. Estés reveals true healing is an inner journey, one in which the healer acts as a guide and support--but never the ultimate source. And our most reliable source of wisdom is always available when we return to our own experiences of wounding. This exploration of our own journey is essential for our understanding of the creative process and meaning of true healing. The wound is the basis for the powerful healing of self, and not only self, but often by presence alone, other souls as well.
Once we reorient toward embracing the creative forces behind all healing--including those which are psychic as well and those found in our own biospheres, as Dr. Estés coined the phrase--we enter a more realistic and effective relationship with the methods and techniques we use in our own practices as we walk in more than one world.
This teaching will empower you to stand with greater confidence. Dr. Estés will teach you the methods for finding, creating your own healing techniques, self purifications, 'given songs,' 'given ceremonies,' meaning those given uniquely by spirit that look like, sound like no one else's--while also standing in the reality of the person you are working with, to help them navigate and make holy their passages on their own unique and mysterious journey, wherever it leads. Dr. Estés will also teach how to serve others as a guide without becoming lost in their struggles--or one's own.
Over these five days you will learn:
- Drug-free techniques and healing practices from several time-honored cultural practices
- Sacred sexuality
- Ego containment and healing envidia
- Trance states, how to, where to, why to, and with whom regarding good boundaries and for the intention of health, healing, transformation inspiration and ometeotl: wholeness.
- Los suenodoros, what they do with dream interpretation
- Bodily sensory healing and trauma removal
- Ethics of energy
- Healing "shock to the soul"--even after the passage of many years
- Use of ceremony to tap into the collective unconscious for healing
- How to integrate this timeless wisdom into your own life path as a healer.
With The Heart of the Wounded Healer, you are invited to join one of today's most innovative teachers in a deep, heartfelt exploration of healing, why we are drawn, whom we serve, and how we can become more solidfied when walking in two worlds as a healer.
This training is a series of five annual meetings. You are not required to attend all five meetings. New students will be asked for an interview and all participants may be asked for a written questionnaire, all as part of the registration process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Helping and healing professionals; people who have looked into themselves and matured over time, those who are seriously and deeply drawn to this way of life and study; people who hold gentle hope to ever learn more.
This is a training for the dedicated learner who has and is working to help place ego in second position, Soul in first position. People who can enter “the closed container”, remain in soul and spirit, and attend fully every session, and be present and be willing to go deep—perhaps for some, while enduring discomfort, if any, (physical, emotional or psychological) that might arise, for this may be part of one’s own personal process;
People who have the physical ability to do some of this work outdoors during the day and night, if asked [nothing arduous, but being able to be outdoors on a short trek for instance];
People who think they hear the summons and are serious, who seek to learn the benefits and honored ways of prayer and ceremony and ancient healing traditions, who can value the spirit in all things, including one’s own ancestors, and listen with an open and ‘beginner’s mind’ heart.